ConocoPhillips Science Experience
The Conoco Phillips Science Experience is a national program, delivered in more than 34 universities across Australia. The NT ConocoPhillips Science Experience provides exceptional interactive learning opportunities for high school students.
CDU’s Research Institute of Environment & Livelihoods (RIEL); the Flinders NT Medical Program, as well as Exercise and Sport Science, Pharmacy, Environmental Science, Engineering, Horticulture and Aquaculture. There is also a ConocoPhillips Australia Darwin LNG Plant seminar and tour.
Each program aims to introduce students to a wide a range of sciences, encourage their interests and provide information on study and career opportunities in science. Typical activities include:
- experiments held in university laboratories
- hands-on practical science-based activities
- tours of science leaning environments
- seminars from high profile professionals
- field trips to local places of special scientific interest
- information about the many careers, study opportunities in science, engineering and technology.
Students can participate for free, thanks to sponsorship by local government, businesses, industries and organisations.
The 2017 event will be held on the 17-19 October. Contact Trisha Mellow for more information or view the Information Flyer.
2016 ConocoPhillips Science Experience
This year we had two wonderful Year 10 work experience students from Mackillop Catholic College assist our team with the Event. Ella Ludbrook worked as an event assistant and Sophie Port worked as an event assistant and onsite reporter.
Both students assisted with the event set-up, implementation and post event work and evaluation. Additionally, Sophie liaised with the CDU Media team in her role as onsite reporter. She captured photos of the activities and interviewed participating students and event VIPS. The students were a big asset to our team and represented their school in an expletory manner.
You can read Sophie’s report on the three day event here.
T: 08 8946 6387
M: 0437 528 384
- 2016 Science Experience Report (PDF 4.4MB)
- 2015 Science Experience Report (PDF 7.1 MB)
- 2014 Science Experience Report (PDF 3.5MB)
- 2013 Science Experience Report (PDF 3.6MB)
You can view more photos of the event at the ConocoPhillips Facebook Photo Album.